Algerian Youth Leadership Program Alumni Training-of-Trainers
and Targeted In-Wilaya Project Training
Application deadline: October 3, 2019
Did the skills you gained during AYLP make a positive impact on you and your community? Do you want to inspire and empower other youth in order to further affect your community? Now you can!!
Sharik AYLP is a new training-of-trainers program that will allow you to spread the civic engagement and leadership skills that you learned in AYLP to other motivated youth in your region! This all-expenses-paid program is open exclusively to Algerian Youth Leadership Program alumni currently residing in select wilayas (see below). If selected, you will gain effective training techniques that will allow you to work with another AYLP alumni to deliver leadership, civic engagement and project planning training in your own neighborhood, multiplying your impact on your community!
Participants in the all-expenses-paid Sharik AYLP program will receive:
• One week of intensive training that will give selected AYLP alumni effective, novel techniques to effectively train others in their communities
• The knowledge and ability to create applications and to recruit, interview and select candidates
• Effective feedback and ongoing in-person and remote support as they plan and provide their own trainings
• Access to an exclusive network of curriculum and training resources
• Powerful networking opportunities with AYLP alumni from other editions and regions
• All the resources (capital for training supplies, lunches, transportation and venue) necessary to conduct their own four-session training for ten participants from their community
• The power to (further) affect your community and those in it in a positive, sustained way!
Those who apply must:
• Be an alumni from 2018 AYLP or earlier (past youthand adult participants are welcome to apply!) who has the ability to present a four-session, ten-participant training in the wilayas of:
You must either be living currently in one of ten these wilayas OR be from one of these ten wilayas and be willing to travel back to the wilaya to present a training. (For example: if you are from Laghouat, but currently live in Oran, you can apply to participate as long as you will do your training in Oran. If you are from Batna, but currenly living in Laghouat, you can apply to participate in Sharik AYLP as long as you will travel back to Batna to do the trainings).
**don't worry if your wilaya doesn't appear-the opportunity will be open to alumni in other wilayas in the future!**
• Be willing and able to work with another alumnus or alumna from their region to conduct a four-session, ten-participant training in your community by April 30, 2020 (don't worry-we'll give you all the resources, support and tools that you need to make an impact!)
Application deadline: October 3, 2019
In-person training: Algiers - October 27-31, 2019 (transportation, room and meals included)
Remote Training: November 1-December 15, 2019
In-wilaya training / ongoing remote and in-person support: January 1-April 30, 2020 (capital for training supplies, lunches, training venues and transportation for you and your participants will be provided)
Apply today and spread the AYLP love!!!
Sharik AYLP Details and Application
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT the application for the Algerian Youth Leadership 2020 Program. It will be available mid-October on the U.S. Embassy in Algeria's website.
For questions about Sharik AYLP, please contact Zola Belhadj at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharik AYLP is a program of the Northern Nevada International Center in partnership with ABCD, Algiers and is funded by the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.