Algerian Youth Leadership Program Alumni Training-of-Trainers and In-Wilaya Project Training
- Application open June 1-30, 2020
- Application deadline: June 30, 2020
- Training dates in Algiers to be determined
Are you an Algerian Youth Leadership Program alumni? Did the skills you gained in AYLP make a positive impact on you and your community? Do you want to inspire and empower youth in order to further affect your community? Now you can.
Sharik AYLP is a training-of-trainers program that will allow alumni of the Algerian Youth Leadership Program to spread the civic engagement and leadership skills that you learned in AYLP to other motivated youth in your region! This all-expenses-paid program is open exclusively to Algerian Youth Leadership Program. If selected, you will gain effective training techniques that will allow you to work with another AYLP alumni to deliver leadership, civic engagement and project planning training in your own neighborhood, multiplying your impact on your community.
Participants in the all-expenses-paid Sharik AYLP program will receive:
- Five days of intensive training that will give selected AYLP alumni engaging, novel techniques to effectively train others in their communities
- The knowledge and ability to create applications and to recruit, interview and select candidates
- Effective feedback and ongoing in-person and remote support as they plan and provide their own trainings
- Access to an exclusive network of curriculum and training resources
- Powerful networking opportunities with AYLP alumni from other editions and regions
- All the resources (capital for training supplies, lunches, transportation and venue) necessary to conduct their own four-session training for ten participants from their community
- A trainers certificate from Le Centre de Ressources pour les Organisations de la Société Civile (le CROSC)
- The power to (further) affect your community and those in it in a positive, sustained way!
Those who apply must:
- Be an alumni from AYLP 2019 or earlier (past youth and adult participants are welcome to apply!)
- Be willing and able to work with another alumnus or alumna from their region to conduct a four-session, ten-participant training in your community within 4-6 months of the conclusion of the training of trainers (don’t worry-we’ll give you all the resources, support and tools that you need to make an impact!)
- Application deadline: June 30, 2020
- In-person training: Will take place in Algiers. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions on travel and gatherings, a date that is safe and convenient for all the selected participants to travel to Algiers will be determined once the restrictions are lifted.
- Remote Training: remote training will take place for 6 weeks following the conclusion of the in-person training.
- In-wilaya training / ongoing remote and in-person support: Participants will have four months after the remote training to complete their in-wilaya trainings with ten youth that they recruit and select themselves. Money for training supplies, lunches, training venues and transportation for you and your participants will be provided.
Apply today and spread the AYLP love
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT the application for the Algerian Youth Leadership 2020 or 2021 Program. The application for AYLP 2021 will be available mid-October 2020 on the U.S. Embassy in Algeria’s website.
For questions about Sharik AYLP, please contact Zola Belhadj at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharik AYLP Alumni Training of Trainers Program is a partnership between the Northern Nevada International Center and the Action Bénévole pour la Citoyenneté & le Développement and is funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.