Nevada Money Mentors personal finance content creator
The Nevada Money Mentor Program within the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office at the University of Nevada, Reno seeks to fill a position for a Personal Content Creator. Positions are available for student's sophomore level and above in good academic standing. The Personal Content Creator should commit to a term of one full academic year and must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Nevada Money Mentors is the University's financial literacy program empowering students with financial knowledge and resources so they make informed, confident decisions about their money.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Compose marketing material including flyers, newsletters, banners, etc.
- Communicate regular ly to students through social media accounts
- Create original content to promote Nevada Money Mentors (e.g., videos, podcasts, etc.)
- Willing to learn website development software to maintain and improve the Nevada Money Mentors website
- Develop various personal finance resource documents for students
- Serves as a resource to students; providing referrals to other university and community resources as needed
- Perform related duties and marketing activities as assigned by supervisor
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Nevada Money Mentors activities and events
- Maintain intake, plan-of-action, and follow-up processes for all students requesting financial coaching
- Work closely with Financial Specialist to develop new programs and implement projects
- Provide admin support to Financial Specialist
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated skill in creation of marketing materials such as flyers, digital advertisements and experience in social media management
- Must possess excellent communication and creativity skills as well as an appreciation of diversity
- Outgoing, friendly, and comfortable working one-on-one with peers and presenting in front of groups that may include peers as well as faculty and staff members
- Highly motivated and committed to helping others
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Have general knowledge of personal finance topics such as budgeting, savings, credit, etc.
For any questions about the Personal Finance Content Creator position, contact Amy Nelson.