Getting started with iLab
iLab account registration instructions and Principal Investigator user manual
These instructions contain some information for all users and other information that is Principal Investigator (PI) specific. The registration and request portions apply to all users.
Table of Contents
In order to register with iLab, please do the following:
- Go to unr.ilabsolutions.com and click on the “sign-up” button on the top right of the screen.
- This will open a pop up asking you to choose if you are an internal UNR user or an external user. Any user with a NetID in the University’s system will be considered internal.
- When you choose “UNR user” you will be directed to the standard University NetID Login page.
- From here you will enter your institutional credentials.
- Once you’ve entered your NetID and password, you will be directed to a registration page.
- In the “PI/Group” drop down menu, please search and choose your PI as the lab.
- If you do not see your PI’s name in the “PI/Group” drop down menu send an email to email@example.com with yourname, PI’s name and email address, and the core you are interested in using. They will contact the University’s administration directly to verify this and create your account.
- Once you click the “register” button, your PI will be notified to approve your account request.
- Until your PI approves your account request, you will see a message upon iLab login stating that your account activation is pending. There will also be options to send a reminder email to the institutional administrators, or if your request is urgent you’ll have the option to request assistance.
- Upon PI approval, you will be able to access and request services from cores.
Accessing University cores
After you have registered and your account is approved, you can access University cores that are live in the iLab system by doing the following:
- Log into iLab at unr.ilabsolutions.com.
- Click on the “list all cores” link on the left side of the iLab page.
- Select the core from which you want to order services.
Note: You will only see a list of University cores that are live in the iLab system.
Requesting a service
Once you have selected a core, you can request a service by doing the following:
- Click on the “Request Services” tab.
- On the Request Services page, there will be a list of available request submissions. Click on the “request service” button to the right of the service you would like to request.
- A submission form will open.
- Complete the submission form. Be sure to fill in all required fields marked by red stars.
- Save the completed form.
- Select the correct Cost Center. If a there are no funds to choose from, please ask your PI to assign you a cost object in iLab.
- Select the “Submit Request to Core” button at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive emails from iLab if actions are required for your request to be processed.
Making a Reservation
Once you have selected a core, you can make a reservation by doing the following:
- Click the “Schedule Equipment” tab and click on the “View Schedule” button next to the equipment of interest. Click and drag on the time frame you would like your reservation for.
- You will be asked to complete a form and provide payment information for your request before saving the reservation.
- Your reservation may need to be approved by the core. You can confirm this by viewing your home page by clicking the “Home” button in the upper left corner of iLab.
For more detailed instructions on ordering services or scheduling equipment please see our iLab site help.
PIs and/or their lab manager(s) will need to approve lab members. If the lab member is not approved that member will not be able to request services or reserve time on instruments.
In your browser, bookmark unr.ilabsolutions.com for convenient access to the iLab login.
- As a PI or business director you will receive an iLab notification email when a lab member is requesting access to your lab.
- Login to iLab at unr.ilabsolutions.com. You will land on your home page. At the top of your home page you will see an “alert” letting you know members have requested access to your lab.
- Click the link in the “alert” or click “My Labs.”
- Click on the “Membership Requests” tab.
- Review the requests and deny or approve.
Paying with a Credit Card – for external users
- Click on the “Invoices” link in the left hand menu.
- Select the invoice from the list.
- Use the filter panel on the left to search for invoices.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the invoice line to open the detail view.
- Click on “Select Payment Method” dropdown menu.
- Select “Credit Card” or “PO.”
- Select the charge type, either “All charges on the invoice” or “Charges missing payment information.”
- Click on the “Pay by Credit Card” button.
- Fill in the credit card information.
- Click on the “Pay Now” button.