Application Instructions for Ph.D. and M.S. Programs
Applicants must apply directly to the UNR Graduate School through the graduate admissions portal (http://www.unr.edu/grad/admissions/apply). Applicants must meet the University graduate admission requirements (http://www.unr.edu/grad/admissions).
Required Materials for Ph.D. Programs
- Undergraduate/Graduate Transcripts from Previous Institutions
- GRE (general test)
- TOEFL/IELTS (only required for International students)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Do you request financial support? A graduate support in a form of TA-ship (20h/week) is offered to all students in good academic standing.
GRE -- Mathematics Test scores are NOT required, but are recommended.
Ph.D. Application Deadlines:
- First Deadline: February 1st
- Second Deadline: March 1st
- First Deadline: October 1st
- Second Deadline: November 1st
Admissions and funding offers will be made shortly after the first deadline. Applications received between the first and second deadline will be given full consideration, but funding will be contingent upon availability. Applications will not be accepted after the second deadline.
Required Materials for M.S. Program
- Official Undergraduate/Graduate Transcripts
- GRE (general test)
- TOEFL (minimal scores: 550 for paper test, 79 for Internet test ) or IELTS (6.5)
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation (at least one letter is required; 3 is recommended)
M.S. Application Deadlines: Review of applications for Fall admission starts on March 1st, and review of applications for Spring admission starts on November 1st. Admission and funding decisions for most students are made in the weeks following the above review dates.
See the M.S. Graduate Handbook to review our program-specific admissions info and requirements.
Please send all inquires and questions regarding our graduate programs to the program directors: Professor Stanislav Jabuka (Mathematics M.S. and Ph.D.) or Professor Ania Panorska (Statistics & Data Science Ph.D.).