Health Care Benefits

UNR Employee Assistance Program (EAP)

This resource is available to all University employees as an assistance program. Lifeworks offers over 100 free cessation resources such as articles, interactive tools, a website, counseling, etc.

  • Call 877-234-5151
  • Visit
  • Use the following user ID: nshe and password: eap.
  • Log onto and enter "smoking cessation" in the text box at the top of the page

Public Employee Benefits Program (PEBP)

If you need help quitting, a health care provider or physician can be a good resource. As faculty or staff at the University, you have some medical coverage for tobacco cessation through your health insurance. Coverage includes an annual screening for all adults, cessation interventions for tobacco users and expanded counseling for pregnant tobacco users. Coverage may vary so check your policy and provider for details.
Phone: 775-684-7000 or 800-326-5496

Other Health Insurance

The best way to find out if you have health coverage for tobacco cessation is to pick up the phone and call your insurance company. Although smoking cessation may not be required in Nevada, your plan may cover it. Ask for the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) billing codes your doctor's office will need to use in order to get your claims paid. Speak with your physician's billing representative to ensure your claim is processed correctly.