Freedom From Smoking Online
Freedom From Smoking® Online, or FFS Online, is a program specifically designed for adults who want to quit smoking. It's an adaptation of the American Lung Association's group clinic that has helped thousands of smokers to quit for good.
FFS Online does not begin with quitting. The program takes you through several lessons first, ensuring that solid information about preparing to quit is given before Quit Day. Go ahead and progress through the lessons and modules until you complete the entire program. The beauty of FFS Online is that it can be accessed day or night, seven days a week, on any schedule you choose.
FFS Online takes you through modules, each containing several lessons. These lessons include valuable information like; planning for quit day, Nicotine Replacement Therapy and medication information, and managing stress. Most lessons contain an assignment participants must complete before moving on. The assignments reinforce the messages in each lesson and the participant's commitment to quit.
A free one-year membership is being offered to students, faculty and staff at the University of Nevada, Reno. This is a $40 value to you. Memberships will be available on a limited basis as funding allows. Follow registration instructions below or download the pdf instructions.
- Register for the program on the University's custom page.
- Click on the red button labeled "Click Here to Register for Freedom From Smoking Online" at the bottom of the page.
- You have arrived at the Membership Registration page. Under the section titled "Purchase this Membership," enter uonr101440 discount code in the "Discount Code" field.
- Under the section titled "Enter Registration Information," enter your First Name, Last Name and Email Address in the appropriate fields. Important Note: Please ensure that the information you have entered on this page is correct. You will not be able to change your First Name, Last Name or Email Address once you leave this page. A unique email address must be provided for each person who enrolls in the program. To proceed, click on the "Add to Cart and Checkout" button.
- Finish entering your Contact Information on this page, making sure the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*) are filled in. Once you are done, click on the "Continue" button.
- On this screen, simply click on the "Complete Checkout" button in order to complete the membership registration process. Print out the confirmation page for your records.
- Check your email inbox. You should receive an email confirmation from "FFS Online Community." This email contains your new username and a link to www.ffsonline.org where you can get instructions for getting your password and getting started.