Need assistance? We are here to help!
For the safety of students and staff, our office will continue to work remotely.
While the College of Liberal Arts Student Center office is physically closed, we are offering multiple scheduling options for students.
Scheduling remote advising appointments
All incoming students (freshmen, transfers and non-CLA majors) are required to meet with a College of Liberal Arts college advisor prior to registering in their first semester of classes. For freshmen beginning in a fall semester, this meeting typically takes place during your new student orientation session in the summer. Transfer students should leave a message with the College of Liberal Arts Student Center at (775) 682-8745 to schedule an appointment. Current students at the University changing into liberal arts from another major must meet with a college advisor in the Student Center to formally change their major.
For a quicker response, which allows us to serve you better and remain equitable to all students, please submit only one appointment inquiry using only one of the methods listed below (phone, Navigate, email, text). Submitting multiple inquires across multiple methods results in a significant delay as we cross reference inquiries to avoid duplicate appointments.
- Leave a voicemail at (775) 682-8745
- Include your name, NSHE ID #, and a call-back telephone number
- Text (775) 800-4521
- Include your name, NSHE ID #, reason for appointment, appointment type (phone or Zoom), telephone # and availability
- Submit online appointment request form
- Schedule using Navigate
- This option is only open to continuing students. Incoming freshmen will receive advising at orientation and incoming transfer students must contact us for an appointment
- Log in: Net ID & password
- Click: Schedule An Appointment
- Appointment Type: Academic Affairs (Advising)
- Service: CLA Student Center_Phone Advising or CLA Student Center_Zoom Advising (leave phone number & appointment purpose in “comments” section)
- Location: College of Liberal Arts Student Center
- A confirmation email or text means you’ve scheduled successfully
Calls and texts received within business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. PDT) will receive a same-day response. Special requests can be made for appointments prior to 8 a.m. (PDT).
Virtual express advising
- Recurring Zoom express advising
- January 25 – May 31, 2021
- Mondays & Tuesdays: 1 – 3 p.m.
- Wednesdays & Thursdays: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (noon)
- Fridays: 9 – 11 a.m. and 3 – 5 p.m.
- January 25 – May 31, 2021
- Graduation express advising
- Extended Zoom express advising
- First week of Spring 2021, add/drop date, Summer 2021 enrollment, schedule checks for Fall 2021 enrollment
- January 25 – 29, February 3, March 22, April 26 – 30
- 9 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 – 4 p.m.
Quick advising questions
Visit our Advising Frequently Asked Questions for answers to our most common questions.