At the Reynolds School, students can choose classes from five emphases: news, broadcasting & documentary; public relations & advertising; Spanish-language media; media studies; and visual communication. Some classes are offered every semester, some on a rotating or infrequent basis. For a full list of courses, their descriptions and when they are offered, view the university catalog. Remember to register for courses in MyNevada.
Modes of instruction indicate how the class will be taught.
- AH – Alternative hybrid: The class will include a mix of remote and in-person instruction.
- AP - Alternative in-person: In-person instruction required, with some online instruction. Fully remote participation is not accommodated.
- AR – Alternative remote: The class will be taught entirely remotely.
- IO – Independent study with web participation.
- IP – In person: The class will be held entirely in-person.
- WB – Web-based: The class will be entirely remote; often asynchronous.
- WM – The class will be entirely remote except for an in-person exam.
If times are indicated on the course schedule, you should plan to devote those hours to your class.