eduroam has now replaced UNR-WPA as the preferred wireless signal for all faculty, staff and students.
Please remove UNR-WPA from your device's known networks, and instead connect to eduroam.
For more information, please contact IT Support.
eduroam is the wireless signal for all students, faculty, and staff at UNR. Additionally, visitors from other 'eduroam' participating campuses can easily access this signal using the same credentials they use at whatever institution they are from.
Accessing the eduroam Signal
- Connect to the wifi signal eduroam.
- Enter your credentials in the form username@domain. If you are an employee, this is likely to be the same as your institutional email address.
Some organizations may require a visiting user to download a small application on their computer before they can access the eduroam signal.
- If prompted, accept the certificate.
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network.
- The University of Nevada, Reno is unable to troubleshoot or reset the password for credentials from another organization.
- Follow our general instructions on Wireless Troubleshooting
- If your organization does not participate in 'eduroam, consider connecting to the UNR-Guest network.
- Contact IT Support with any questions you may have.
Which Institutions Also use 'eduroam'?
A full list of Universities, and other educational institutions, utilizing the 'eduroam' wireless signal can be found on the eduroam website.