Direct Remote Access: PC
Once your office PC has been configured, these instruction will help you to connect from your home PC.
Launch the Remote Desktop Client
- From the start menu search for "Remote Desktop Connection" and launch the app of the same name.
- This application is installed by default on all Windows machines.
Configure the Client
- On the General (first) tab, enter the following information:
- Computer: The IP Address of your Office Computer.
- User name: unr\[NetID] e.g. unr\jsmith
- Click on the Advanced tab and then on the Settings... button under "Connect from Anywhere"
- Enter the following connection settings:
- Select Use these RD Gateway server settings
- Server Name: gateway.unr.edu
- Logon Method: Select "Ask for password (NTLM)
- Check Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses
- Check Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote computer
- Back in the General tab, click on Save As... to save an RDP file that will remember these settings in the future.
- To access your computer in the future, just double-click on this file.
- Click the Connect button to access your remote computer.