Direct Remote Access: Mac
Once your office PC has been configured, these instructions will help you connect from your home Mac.
Get the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client
- Go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12 to download and install the application. Your computer will inform you if this application is already installed.
Set The Gateway
- Open the Remote Desktop Application and click the Preferences button.
- Under the Gateway section, enter in the following information:
- Gateway Name: UNR Secure Gateway
- Server: gateway.unr.edu
- User name: unr\[netid] e.g. unr\jsmith
- Password: Your NetID Password
- Close the preferences window.
Create a Remote Desktop Connection
- Click on the New button.
- Enter in your office computer's information:
- Connection name: What you call your office computer
- PC name: The IP Address of your Office Computer
- Gateway: Select "UNR Secure Gateway"
- User name: unr\[NetID] e.g. unr\jsmith
- Password: Your NetID password
- Other settings are to your preference.
- Click on the Red Close Button
- Double-click on your machine name in the application window to test the connection.
- Average first time connection take approximately 15-20 seconds.
- Average subsequent connection take approximately 10-15 seconds.