Sharepoint: Stop Inheriting Permissions
By default, when you create a new sub-site, the permissions for the new site will be identical to the permissions of the parent site. To stop this from happening, do the following:
- At the main page of the new sub-site, click on Site Actions and select Site Permissions.
- A yellow bar will confirm that the site is inheriting permissions.
- To stop inheritance, click on the Stop Inheriting Permissions button from the main ribbon toolbar.
- You will be asked to confirm the change. Click on OK.
- Now, you will be able to remove permissions, and grant people access to the site, and it won't be affected by any of the parent sites.
Please note, if you use security groups to assign permissions to this site, any changes you make to the people in these groups will affect other Sharepoint sites that use these same security groups. You may want to consider creating a new security group.