The University of Nevada, Reno is moving to Office 365!
UNR's current on campus Exchange email and SharePoint collaboration systems need to be upgraded. The next generation are cloud-based services called Exchange Online and SharePoint Online in Microsoft Office 365. In addition to getting all of the benefits a cloud-based strategy offers, UNR employees will gain new features and functionality, increased stability, larger email inbox quotas, more storage space, additional security, and ease of access to all of the services including Office applications online. UNR's OIT department is leading this migration from on campus Exchange and SharePoint to Office 365 throughout 2017.
Here are just some of the benefits you'll get from Office 365:
- Office 365 email inbox quota will be 100GB (on campus Exchange quota is currently 4GB)
- Access to documents and Office Online (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Onenote) any time, anywhere, on any device
- Everyone using the same and most current versions of Microsoft Office
- Get the latest versions of Office FREE to install for home use on up to 5 personal or mobile devices (do not install Office for home use on University owned equipment)
Need more help?
- This PDF and these training videos will help guide you with information from Microsoft
- If you have any questions or need assistance at any time, contact the OIT Support Center at (775) 682-5000 in Reno, (702) 671-5100 in Las Vegas, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office365 Introduction Course
A quick introductory talk is available to anyone. Aimed at all people, but particularly those who haven't migrated yet, it covers the migration process, the benefits after migrating, and why the migration is happening. Click on the button below to sign up for any of the available courses.
Migrating to Office 365
A checklist to ensure that you are ready to migrate to the cloud
What to expect while you are being migrated
Things to check after you have been migrated to Office 365
Use the new Office 365 online web portal to access all of the Office 365 services.
- Install Office 365 Professional Plus for FREE on up to 5 personal decives. Click on "Install Office" in the upper right corner of the main portal window.