The outdated UNR Exchange email system and SharePoint collaboration system have been upgraded to Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online and SharePoint Online. All 6,226 employee email accounts and 130 SharePoint sites were migrated to cloud-based Office 365. Due to your patience, understanding, and cooperation throughout the process, the project was completed two months ahead of schedule and with very few issues.
What to do next?
1. Learn how to use Office 365:
There are several no-cost resources available to learn how to use Office 365.
- Microsoft's Training Videos
- Lynda.com Office 365 Fundamentals Play list
- Lynda.com Office 365 Advanced Play list
- Microsoft's Office basics Learning PDF
If you find additional learning resources that we did not mention above, please share them with the OIT Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Explore Office 365 new features & functionality:
Office 365 offers more features and functionality than we had before. Here are just some of the benefits you're getting now from Office 365:
- Office Online applications and documents available any time, on any device, using any browser
- Office 365 offers a number of different application tiles with distinct functionality - Quick Reference Guide to Office 365 Tiles
- Install Office 365 Professional Plus for FREE on up to 5 personal devices (Macintosh, Windows, tablets, and smart phones)
- More Space! 100GB Office 365 email quota (on campus Exchange quota was only 4GB)
- 5TB OneDrive for Business quota (NEW service)
3. Install Office for home use:
Follow these instructions to download the latest versions of Microsoft Office FREE for home use on up to 5 personally owned devices
NOTE: Please do not install any Office for home products on University owned equipment.
On campus SharePoint will be shut down on Monday 10/16/17 at 8:00AM:
The on-campus SharePoint server and all content residing on the on-campus server will be shutting down on 10/16/17 at 8:00AM. All SharePoint 2010 Site Collection content has been archived.
To access migrated SharePoint sites on Office 365:
- Click on the SharePoint icon in UNR's Office 365 portal, or
- Go to HTTP://Nevada.sharepoint.com, or
- Go to the SharePoint URL that your department's site owner sent to you after the migration (If you do not know the URL or your SharePoint site owner, contact the OIT Support Center).
Skype for Business Upgrade:
UNR's Skype for Business is running on outdated on-campus servers. Skype for Business will be upgrading to Office 365 during this fiscal year. More information to come.
Things to check after you have been migrated to Office 365
"If a group name is found to be misleading, conflicting with an existing person or campus unit, or in violation of any University or NSHE policy, Information Technology reserves the right to remove or rename the group."