When you log in to NevadaBox, the primary email address is automatically set based on your primary affiliation:
- Students - your @nevada.unr.edu email address.
- Employees - email@example.com (even if that is not a valid email address).
Students who work for the University will have an account created via the employee logic.
How do I change my primary email address?
For employees, your NevadaBox primary email address will always be firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don't have access to that email, please contact IT Support to activate your Exchange account, or to have the address set to forward to a different account.
For students, it will always be your @nevada.unr.edu email address.
We understand that not every employee at the University is known by their @unr.edu email address. People wishing to collaborate with you may know you at a different email account (e.g. @medicine.nevada.edu or @casat.org). When you first log into NevadaBox, our system will automatically add some email aliases to your account. However, email addresses that don't use our central email servers (such as @casat.org or @cabnr.unr.edu) will not be automatically added. Therefore, NevadaBox allows you to add "Email Aliases" that allow others to collaborate with you by entering in a different email address, but still reaching your one NevadaBox account.
How do I add an email address alias?
- Click on your name in the top right corner of NevadaBox.
- From the drop down menu click on Account Settings.
- Under Login and Email Addresses you will see your email@example.com email address and an option to Add more emails.
- Click on Add more emails and enter the email you want as your primary account into the text field and click save.
- Go to your email account and confirm that you want to add the email to your Box account.
Email aliases do not receive NevadaBox email notifications.