Accessing your NevadaBox account via FTP requires that a separate password is configured for your account. With that in place, you can then use any FTP client to upload and download files.
Create An External Password
- Log into NevadaBox with your NetID and password.
- Click on your name in the top-right of the screen and select Account Settings.
- Locate the box titled "Create External Password" and click on Edit Password.
Enter in a password that will be used for the FTP connection.It is recommended that this password is not the same as your NetID password.
- Click Save
Configure the FTP Client
In this example Filezilla on a Windows PC will be used, but this method will work with most other FTP clients on any operating system. Filezilla is available for your University Computer from the Software Center.
- Launch the Site Manager and then click on the New Site button.
- Enter the following information:
- Host: ftp.box.com
- Port: 990
- Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption: Require Implicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type: Normal
- User: [netid]@unr.edu e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: The external password you just created
- Click on Connect.
- You may receive a warning about the certificate. Click on OK.
You should now be connected to your NevadaBox account via FTP.