PC Refurb Program
When available, Endpoint services replaces older legacy computers with refurbished University PCs for $60 each to requesting campus departments. These requests are filled as surplus PCs become available for refurbishing, so there is no guarantee of immediate replacement.
- Refurbished PCs are the exclusive property of the University of Nevada, Reno, subject to proper salvage and surplus procedures set forth by the University's Purchasing Department and state law.
- There is a $60 labor charge for the PC. This fee includes:
- Copying the file contents of the old hard disk onto the refurbished PC.
- Removing applications from the old PC to be transferred to the refurbished one when possible.
- Reloading any business applications, where the user has proof of licensing and media.
- Re-establishing email.
- Configuring printer drivers and peripheral equipment for standard existing devices.
- There is a $30 charge for reloading the operating system and necessary software on an existing, functional, in-use office computer.
- When available, a used flat panel monitor may be included for an additional $15.