Reset Your PIN
Those on Unified Messaging, but without an @unr.edu e-mail address managed by IT, should contact IT Support to have their PIN reset.
To reset your PIN for Unified Messaging:
- Log into your e-mail account at https://owa.unr.edu
- In the top-right corner, click on Options and then See All Options...
- From the menu on the left, select Phone
- With the default Voice mail selected, find the section labeled "Reset PIN" and click on Reset my voice mail PIN...
- A warning will appear confirming your choice. Click on OK.
- You will soon receive an e-mail from "Microsoft Outlook" with instructions for changing your PIN.
- Dial the Access Number (both 2-9998 or 8-8701 will work - they go to the same place).
- Enter the temporary PIN (if you are calling from a phone other than your office phone, you will need to press * followed by your 5-digit extension before entering your temporary PIN).
- You will then be prompted to enter in a new PIN followed by #, twice.
New PIN Requirements
- It can not be any of your previous two PINS
- It must contain only numbers
- It must be at least 4 digits long
- It may not contain a single repeated number (e.g. 1111)
- It may not only consist of consecutive numbers (e.g. 1234)
- It may not be your extension