Audio/ Visual Conferencing
The University offers different options for conferencing with colleagues and students.
Skype for Business Conferences
Every employee with a University e-mail address has access to Microsoft Skype for Business. This communication and collaboration tool can be used to host meetings with people inside and outside the University.
Audio/ Video Conferences
A number of rooms on campus have equipment to facilitate video/audio conferencing with approximately 200 statewide locations including Nevada universities and colleges and many K-12 schools. With advance notice, connections can usually be made to other video conferencing facilities throughout the U.S. and the world. More information can be found on the NevadaNet page.
Faculty and staff can request phone conferences for large groups via the Footprints work order system, or in small groups of up to 3, using the conference feature on campus NEC phones.
Conference Calls for Large Groups
Faculty and staff may submit a request for a Conference Call setup through the Footprints work order system.
- Navigate to https://footprints.unr.edu and login with your University NetID.
- Click on the New Ticket button on the toolbar.
When the form opens, select ConferenceCall UC from the dropdown in the toolbar at the top, and then click the Use Selected Template button.NOTE: Med School customers, be sure to fill out the Med Help section of the ticket too.
- Fill out the required information.
- Check the Contact Information section. If you find anything incorrect, please update the information in the Description section. The Contact Information comes directly from the UNR Directory. It is very simple to update the information found in the Campus Directory.
- Click the Save icon at either the top or bottom of the form.
- You will receive information by phone or by email about the arrangements made for your connection.
Conference Calls for Small Groups (up to 3 participants)
On your campus NEC phone, you can easily talk with up to 2 other parties simultaneously.
- While on a call, press <TRANSFER>.
- Dial the number of party to be added. (Dial campus extension or 9 + number for off-campus parties.)
- After called party answers, press <CONF> to join all 3 parties.
Web Conferencing is available via a live, virtual classroom environment with features that include audio, video, application sharing and content display. Setup and support must be arranged in advance.