Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee
The UNR Student Technology Fee Advisory Committee is a standing committee to review and advise on collection and use of the student technology fee. The committee reports jointly to the Dean of Libraries and the Vice Provost for IT. From time to time the committee may meet with the Provost.
The committee will meet at least once per semester. The committee will review and provide advice on proposed use of current fiscal year technology fee monies. The committee will receive an annual report on actual technology fee expenditures from the prior fiscal year.
The committee will annually review the purpose and guidelines for use of the student technology fee, consider suggestions for revisions of the guidelines, and review and advise on any proposed changes to the guidelines.
Committee members are expected to communicate with the respective campus groups each member represents. Committee names will be published for the campus and members are expected to bring back to the committee comments received from members of the campus community concerning the student technology fee.
Committee members are appointed by their respective campus group to serve one year terms. Members may be appointed to serve up to three consecutive terms. There are two ex officio members, one from Teaching and Learning Technologies to be appointed by the Dean of Libraries, and one from the Office of Information Technology to be appointed by the Vice Provost for Information Technology.
- UTC Representative: Angela Chase, 365 Learning
- UTC Representative: Christina Hilfer, College of Business
- Faculty Senate Representative: Fred Harris, College of Engineering
- GSA Representative: Aaron Singleton (outgoing)
- TLT ex-officio member: Ed Huffman, Director
- OIT ex-officio member: Tina Hill, Director of User Services
- ASUN Representative: Armen Panignbatan, Biology & Chemistry
- ASUN Representative: Carissa Bradley, Environmental Science & Public Administration
- Kathy Ray, Dean of University Libraries
- Steve Smith, Vice Provost for Information Technology and CIO
The committee will select a committee chair to serve for one year. OIT will provide administrative support for scheduling meetings and other support as needed.
- November 27, 2017
- October 4, 2017