Grants and Awards
The University of Nevada, Reno helps support those who contribute to the international community with several grants and awards.
The International Activities Grant supports the development of curricula, programs, research, and other creative efforts that have a significant international dimension. Funds are allocated annually with an emphasis on proposals identifying a meaningful result that contributes to the international strengths of the University of Nevada, Reno campus. A high priority is placed on seeding new projects that are likely to offer future developments involving international activities. International Activities Grant proposals are generally announced at the beginning of the calendar year for projects that will take place in the following academic year.
The Global Engagement Award is a university-wide award for full-time academic faculty and administrative faculty in recognition of their outstanding contributions to international programs; international program development; academic and global outreach programs; or international research and teaching at the University of Nevada, Reno. The award is sponsored by the OISS, USAC, and the Office of the Provost, and administered by the University's International Activities Committee.
Global Engagement Award Winners:
- 2016-17 Susie Askew, Office of International Students Scholars
- 2015-16: David Croasdell, Accounting & Information Systems AND Emma Sepúlved, World Languages & Literatures
- 2014-15: Yvonne Stedham, Managerial Sciences
- 2013-14: Brad Schultz, Extension Educator
- 2012-13: Greg Mosier, College of Business
- 2011-12: Linda Hayes, Psychology