Apply to the Intensive English Language Program
Thank you for your interest in the Intensive English Language Program. In order to apply for admission to the Intensive English Language Program, you must meet the following admission requirements:
- You must be at least 16 years of age. If under the age of 16 please contact our office for special circumstances and/or programs.
- You must be a non-native English speaker.
How to apply to the Intensive English Language Program
Required application package materials
- Non-refundable application fee. The application includes a $75 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee. You may pay by check or by credit card. Checks should be made payable to “Board of Regents”. You may also pay by credit card by using the Credit Card Authorization form.
- Passport biographical page. Please enclose/attach a copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Read and sign our Terms of Agreement. Read, understand and sign the IELC “Terms of Agreement," which is included in the application package.
- IELC Shipping Request form. Complete and return the IELC Shipping Request form, which is included in the application package.
F and J visa applicants
Complete the IELC Financial Data Form -- included in the application package -- accompanied by a bank document showing a minimum of $29,734* for your expenses for one academic year (including summer session for students who are required to take it).
*This amount is subject to change without notice.
Prospective graduate students
Prospective graduate students with an iBT TOEFL score of 70, should mark the application for our "Graduate Intensive English Level." Pre-graduate level is available for students who havea score under 70 iBT. As a reminder, graduate-level classes might not be offered every semester.
Include a copy of your English proficiency test score as official test results are required prior to starting the program.
Conditional admission to the University of Nevada, Reno means that you will be admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno at the undergraduate level after you successfully complete the Intensive English Program or achieve the required test score. A TOEFL Score is not required for undergraduate conditional admission. You do not need to apply for conditional admission to attend the Intensive English Language Center. If you wish to apply for conditional admission to the University of Nevada, Reno please email us at email@example.com for further information.