The University of Nevada, Reno is an ideal location to study. Students are always impressed with the beauty of the Reno-Tahoe area. The city of Reno, located on the northwestern edge of the State of Nevada, has long been famed as the "Biggest Little City in the World". With a population of approximately 500,000 the region offers the advantages and excitement of a major urban area along with the quality of life found in a safe, small, friendly community. The Reno-Lake Tahoe area is known for year-around festivals and events. Thirty minutes to the south, you can relive the Wild West era in historic Virginia City, or travel only 360 km west to reach San Francisco, California. At the scenic eastern foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains and at 1500 m. above sea level, Reno boasts a mild, dry climate with four distinct seasons and more than 300 days of sunshine per year.
Reno-Lake Tahoe Area
- Entertainment and recreation capital
- One hour drive from Lake Tahoe resort area
- Four hours drive from San Francisco, California
- Limitless summer and winter recreation: skiing, boating, mountain biking, hiking, golf and much more
- Spectacular mountain views
- Ideal dry, climate; sunny days, cool nights
- Four distinct seasons
- Safe, small city environment with big city attractions.