For 2017, the Nevada State Higher Education (NSHE) system, including UNR, partnered with Advanced Data Processing (ADP) to process W-2 statements. All current, former, and retired NSHE employee will receive printed W-2s in the mail and as well as having access to view and download digital copies online.
To access your W-2 online, register for an account using the NSHE-specific information and instructions below. If you have any questions or have difficulty registering with ADP, please contact the Workday Help Desk at 775-784-6086 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: ADP is hosting W-2s for 2017. W-2s for previous years will continue to be available on the ESS legacy system or by contacting the payroll office at 775-784-6653.
How to Register for an ADP W-2 Services Account
Registration is a one-time process. Once completed, you will only need your user ID (assigned by the ADP system) and password to login to your ADP W-2 Services account to view and print your statement. Estimated time to complete registration process: 5-8 minutes
- Go to https://my.adp.com
- Click Register Now
- Enter NSHE's registration code: nve1-online
- Enter your name and select W-2 Services as the Service
- You will then be asked for the following information
- Your Employee ID (example: ‘123456'; do not enter any leading zeros. You can find your Employee ID on your Worker Profile in Workday or you can contact your institution's HR department)
- NSHE's Company Code: R3A
- Your ZIP Code. In most cases, it will be the one associated with your home primary address listed in Workday, which you can find by searching for My Contact Information in Workday.
- If that ZIP Code is rejected and you have entered additional addresses in Workday, try those ZIP Codes.
- For addresses outside the U.S., enter five zeros ‘00000'
- Tax year: 2017
- Your Social Security Number (example: ‘123456789'; do not include dashes)
- Complete the authentication process, during which you will be asked a series of questions to verify your identity
- Enter a password and username for your account
- The system will then assign you a user ID that you will use with your password to login in the future.
All active and former NSHE employees who worked during the 2017 year can electronic copies of their W-2s on the third-party site ADP. If you have not yet registered, please visit the ADP registration page to do so.
All W-2 information for prior years (2016 and older) can still be found on the NSHE Employee Self Service Utility or by contact your payroll office. The University Payroll office can be reached at 784-6653.
W-2s were mailed out to all former and active NSHE employees who worked during the 2017 year in January of 2018. W-2 were sent to the employee's home address as entered in the Workday system.
Employees can also download an electronic copy of their W-2 through our third-party vendor, ADP. You can visit the ADP registration page to sign up for an account.
Individuals can also request a printout of their W-2s from the BCN Payroll office, which can be reached at 784-6653.
If you receive an unlock code for the ADP system, you will use this unlock code to complete your registration. Simply enter the unlock code in the Registration code field instead of "nve1-online" and complete your registration process from there.
If you require a new password in ADP, you can contact the HR front desk at 784-6082 or the Workday Help Desk at 784-6086. You will be asked to verify your identity and a temporary password will be emailed to you.
If you have been locked out of ADP, you can contact the HR front desk at 784-6082 or the Workday Help Desk at 784-6086.
You will be asked to verify your identity and an account unlock email will be sent so you can continue the registration process.
All W-2s for the 2017 year have been mailed out to the home address registered.
The University of Nevada, Reno Payroll office can be reached at 784-6653. They can print out a copy.