Apply for Housing
Congratulations on choosing on-campus housing at the University of Nevada, Reno! To apply for housing, you must complete these items first:
- Apply to the University to receive your NSHE student identification number (or NSHE ID). Please allow for 24-48 hours to receive your NSHE ID. Make sure you login to MyNevada regularly and complete all items on the "To Do List"
- Keep your NSHE ID for your records. You will need it to complete your application
- Review our Housing and Dining Options
Complete your Housing Application in 8 Simple Steps:
- Review Our License Agreement
- Review Your Student Personal Data Information
- Select Your Roommate & Assignment Preferences
- Select Your Building Preferences & Dining Options: Choose a Meal Plan and your top three (3) Building Preferences
- Read and Agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Read the Info Before Payment section
- Submit Your Initial Payment: A $325 initial payment is required to submit the application
- Review & Submit: Does each section look correct? If yes, submit your application to complete the process. If a section needs to be revised, please do so by returning to that step to make your changes. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION and you're done!
Proceed to the ONLINE HOUSING APPLICATION****Eligible students may also use this link to access the Meal Plan Only Application.
By JUNE 15, you must do the following:
- Submit a Guarantor Form (any student under 18 at the time of application submission, must submit this form)
- Make sure you login to MyNevada regularly and complete all items on the "To Do List"
- Provide verification of CURRENT Meningococcal vaccination. A current vaccine is one that has been completed within the last five years .For more information, please visit our FAQ
- Make the second $175 payment
- Enroll in 12 credits (the University recommends 15 credits per semester to graduate in four years)
Important Information & Dates
- The License Agreement encompasses the entire academic year or remainder thereof
- For the best chance of being assigned to the hall of your choice or with a requested roommate you need to apply by February 1
- Applications received after February 1 will be assigned to halls on a space available basis. Note: a Wait List may be started any date after February 1st due to high demand for on campus living.
- Assignments are made for new students in the order in which their applications and initial payment are received.
- If you are interested in living in Living Learning Community, you must also complete a Living Learning Community Application
- Visit the Important Dates webpage for more information