Housing Application Checklist
These are the necessary steps you must complete in order to receive a housing assignment. If you have not completed these steps by the dates provided you will not receive a housing assignment.
Step 1: Apply to the university to receive your NSHE student identification number.
Step 2: Review our living and dining options.
Step 3: Complete and submit the housing application. A $325 initial payment is required to submit the application, so you may want to have your credit card handy. If you are under 18 years of age please have your parent or guardian sign and submit the guarantor form.
In order to receive a room assignment you must:
- Submit a guarantor form (if you will be under 18 at the start of the semester)
- Make sure you login to MyNevada regularly and complete all items on the "To Do List."
- Provide verification of Meningococcal vaccination by June 15th.
- Make the second $175 payment by June 15th.
- Enroll in 15 credits by June 15th
- The License Agreement encompasses the entire academic year or remainder thereof.
- For the best chance of receiving a housing assignment and being assigned to the hall of your choice or with a requested roommate you need to apply by February 1.
- Applications received after May 1 will be assigned to halls on a space available basis.
- Assignments are made for new students in the order in which their applications and initial payment are received.
- You must also complete a Living Learning Community application if you are interested in living in one of those communities.