- This Living Learning Community is for incoming freshmen with a declared major offered by the College of Science. The goal of the program is to develop a community among College of Science freshmen who have similar academic interests and goals, along with providing mentorship and some extracurricular activities to enhance their first year at the university. For more information, a complete list of eligible majors and eligibility requirements, and how to apply, please see the College of Science LLC website.
- Goals: By the end of the academic year, students in the Science LLC will:
“I really liked having a place to study right outside my door. I also owe some of my best friends to intramurals in the LLC.”
Steven Wozniak, Major: Physics, Science LLC
- Establish a sense of community among like-minded students with a passion for the sciences.
- Recognize and actively participate in a pre-professional organization within their field.
- Be exposed to the importance of networking in the field through internships and will demonstrate this knowledge by starting the process of searching for and applying to internships or undergraduate research opportunities.
Events offered to students living in the LLC:
- Pennington Simulation Lab Tour - A tour of the Pennington building to provide students with the opportunity to learn more about the medical school facilities and application process.