- Open to all first-year students majoring in Journalism. Students involved in the community take an introductory Journalism course (101, 107/108, 110, or 120) approved by their advisor and have the opportunity to interact with students who share their course of study, making the formation of study groups and support networks more convenient. Students are also eligible to participate in dedicated math and English sections with other students on the floor.
- Goals: By the end of the academic year, students in the Journalism LLC will:
- Be able to define the entrance requirements to be admitted to the Journalism program and create a plan to complete the pre-major core curriculum.
- Explore available choices for a minor field of study or a dual major and incorporated this into their four year academic plan.
- Be exposed to the importance of internships available to the students in the Reynolds School of Journalism and will demonstrate this knowledge by exploring such opportunities.
- Minor Exploration - A representative from the advising center provided information in regarding the options for picking up a minor which is a requirement for the degree program.