- Open to all first-year students majoring in Early Childhood, Elementary, Special, Secondary, or Integrated Education programs, or Human Development and Family Studies. Residents involved in the community take the freshman seminar for education students (EDU 110) and are also eligible to participate in dedicated math and English sections with other students on the floor.
- Goals: By the end of the academic year, students in the Education LLC will:
- Be able to identify and explain their choice of major within the College of Education as well as articulate the expectations in regards to certification process, important timelines and required courses.
- Be able to identify and become an active participant in one of the professional organizations within the College of Education.
- Be able to identify the various opportunities within the field of education available to educators such as public, charter, dual immersion programs, etc.
- Educational Advising - A hands on workshop provided by a College of Education advisor utilizing the MyNevada system to create a four year plan for various types of majors within the college.
- Changing the Race to Nowhere - A discussion surrounding the movie 'Changing the Race to Nowhere' which identifies struggles within today's education system that identifies areas such as over-testing and the issue of students arriving to college unprepared for college-level coursework.