On Sunday, February 4, 2018, from 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM, Canada, Sierra, and Juniper Hall will be hosting the first of two open house events. During this time, you will be able to tour the halls and sign up for the hall of your choice. For more details and additional Sign-Up dates, please see the "WHEN Can I Sign Up?" section below.
Highlights of the Return Housing Process
- On-campus housing is the safest and most convenient place to live
- Canada Hall offers apartment-style living with kitchenette and living room in each apartment
- Groups of six (6) residents can sign up in person at Canada Hall on February 4, 2018
- Groups of four (4) or five (5) residents can sign up at Canada Hall starting at 7:00 PM on Monday, February 5, 2018
- Groups of two (2) or three (3) residents can sign up at Canada Hall starting at 8:00 PM on Monday, February 5, 2018
- Individual sign-ups for Canada start February 6, 2018
- Sierra Hall will offer different room options for returning students
- Juniper Hall rooms will all be singles for the next academic year
- Great Basin Hall will offer different room options for peer mentors and returning students who are STEM Majors. Great Basin Hall offers different room options (Limited spaces available)
Gender inclusive options are available in Canada, Sierra, and Great Basin Hall. Groups of six must be present to be eligible to sign up in Canada Hall. Minimum groups of two must be present to sign up for Sierra and/or Great Basin Hall. For more information, contact the Housing Operations Manager, Lupe Del Castillo at email@example.com.
WHO Can Sign Up?
Any current resident can participate in this process provided that they are averaging 15 credits per semester, maintaining a minimum of 2.0 cumulative and semester GPA, and are in good standing with the University's student conduct and student housing. If you do not meet these requirements, view the Return Housing Frequently Asked Questions.
WHEN Can I Sign Up?
Return Housing Sign-Ups start Sunday, February 4th and will continue through Friday, February 16. For specific times and in-person locations, please refer to the On-Campus Return Housing Sign-Up Schedule.
HOW Do I Sign Up?
To sign up for return housing online, log in to your Housing Profile. On February 4th and 5th, you will have the opportunity to sign up in person for the following halls:
- Canada Hall: Sign up at Canada hall. Tours will be available
- Sierra Hall: Sign up at Sierra Hall. Tours will be available
- Great Basin Hall: Sign-up table will be at Juniper Hall, Floor plans will be available
- Juniper Hall: Sign up at Juniper Hall. Tours will be available
HOW Much Does It Cost?
No need to pay upfront! When you sign up for return housing, your security deposit from this academic year will roll over to next year.
A $200 initial payment will be placed on your MyNevada account, due April 15, 2018, when you sign-up
For more information, please visit our Housing & Dining Rates page. Based on your building and room type selection, costs will vary.