Residence Halls

Emergency housing after the Argenta Hall explosion: Ongoing updates

In response to the explosion that occurred Friday, July 5 and damaged Argenta and Nye Halls, we are relocating summer housing to Peavine Hall until further notice. Any Argenta Hall summer residents can report to Peavine Hall. Housing assignments for Fall 2019 are delayed at this time. Student Services is continuing to work diligently on getting these assignments completed as soon as possible.

The University came to an agreement with CCR Newco, LLC, a subsidiary of Eldorado Resorts, to secure the 1,300 student beds needed after the July 5 explosion, which left Argenta and Nye Halls uninhabitable. University Residential Life and Housing will occupy the newly-renovated, non-gaming West Tower ("Sky Tower") of Circus Circus Reno, ensuring an academic and community environment that promotes student success. Learn more about the agreement.

Two students in their room

We're glad you are considering living in a residence hall. The University of Nevada offers a variety of living options for students who choose to live on campus. The Department of Residential Life, Housing and Food Service is committed to providing you with resources and experiences that will complement your academics. We feel that living on campus will be a very special and rewarding part of your education at the University of Nevada. For contact information and addresses webpage, please visit our Residence Hall Addresses & Phone Numbers webpage.

Themed Communities & Living Learning Communities

Available spaces for freshmen and upperclassmen

LLC front

The Nevada Living Learning Community

Traditional Halls

Manzanita Hall

Manzanita Hall

Reopening Fall 2019!

Nye Hall Photo

Nye Hall

Options for Upperclassmen & Transfer Students

These residence halls offer an excellent alternative to off-campus living. Upperclassmen and transfer students eligible to live in Sierra or Canada Hall include:

  • Returning residents who have lived in the residence halls for at least one year
  • Transfer students who have graduated from high school at least one full year prior to living on campus
  • Transfer students who are 20 years of age or older

As Sierra Hall houses upperclassmen and transfer students, there is limited space available for freshmen; these limited spaces are predominately 3 to 1 rooms which include 3 beds and 1 bathroom to be shared by all 3 residents. Click the Sierra Hall link below for additional information.

Great Basin Hall and Juniper Hall offer limited spaces for upperclassmen and transfer students as well. 

Housing for Graduate/Professional Students, Faculty & Staff