- Open to all first-year students with a declared major in the College of Engineering. Students involved in the community take an Introduction to Engineering course and have the opportunity to interact with other Engineering students who share their academic interests, making the creation of study groups and the establishment of support systems more convenient. Students are also eligible to participate in LLC specific math and English sections with other students in LLCs.
- By the end of the academic year, students in the Engineering LLC will:
- Be exposed to and begin participation in pre-professional organizations.
- Understand the importance of internships and begin working with the intern/career coordinator to explore internship options within their field.
- Utilize resources available specifically for Engineering students such as the tutoring center, career coordinator, advising and exchange programs.