Return student housing
Thank you for your interest in exploring living on campus next year. You will find details of the Return Housing Sign-up Process below. Please keep in mind the University prioritizes housing for incoming First Year students as research has demonstrated for over 70 years this aids in student success.
For more information, please visit our Housing and dining rates page. Based on your building and room type selection, costs will vary.
The Return Housing Sign-up Process is completely on-line. Please login to your Housing Portal to participate in this process.
A Fall 2021 housing down payment of $300 will be placed on your MyNevada account within 5 business days of your completed application being received. The down payment is due by, June 15, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
We understand there are a limited number of bed spaces available for Sophomore and Above students and we recognize students want to live on campus multiple years. We will do all we can to accommodate this population to the best of our ability. Due to the limited number of Sophomore and Above housing spaces, there are two categories of students:
- Category One – Continuing Students - Any student current living on-campus for Spring 2022 can participate in the self-select process where they choose their room/roommates for next year.
- Category Two – Off-campus Students – Any student currently living off-campus for Spring 2022 will be assigned to building and room assignment by our Assignment staff based on information contained in their application. This includes students who have lived on campus previously but are currently living off campus.
Return sign-up for Category One students
(Note: the following dates are from Spring 2021 for the 2021-2022 academic year; these dates will be updated in early January for 2022-2023)
- Gender Inclusive Housing: Students who wish to participate must select "Yes" to Gender Inclusive Housing on the application, fill out the questionnaire and list any preferred roommates. Roommates must be mutually requested. To form a Gender Inclusive Roommate Group, please contact Wyatt Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to March 19
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 11:59pm – Applications must be received in order to participate in self-selection (where you can choose your building, room, and roommates/suitemates)
- Students will receive a lottery number that corresponds to the date of their completed housing application
- Students applying for housing after March 17, 2021 at Midnight will be contacted by Residential Life, Housing, and Food Services staff with more information about their eligibility to participate in this process
- Student who apply for Return Housing after 12:00 a.m. on April 22, 2021 will be automatically waitlisted and assigned to a space by our staff as space is available
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 – Eligible students will receive two emails, each containing a separate lottery number unique to the “wave” in which they are participating. They will receive emails corresponding to Wave 1 (Same Hall) and 3 (Different Hall) OR Wave 2 (Displaced Student) and Wave 3 (Different Hall) – see below for more details:
- Wave 1 (March 22 – March 25) – Students receive a lottery number based on their application date to select a room in their “same hall” (the building where they currently live)
- Wave 2 (March 29 – April 2) – Displaced students receive a lottery number based on their application date to select a room in a different hall
- Displaced students are residents currently living in Canyon Flats, Great Basin Hall floors 1 and 4, Nevada LLC, and Uncommon. They are unable to select their same room, or a room in that same community for next year, as these communities are designed for incoming first time, First Year students.
- Wave 3 (April 5 – April 9) – Students receive a lottery number based on their application date to select a room in a “different hall”
- Note: Participating in multiple processes will overwrite previous room selections. For example, if you choose a room during the “same hall” process, you can overwrite that selection in the “different hall” process.
- Roommate preferences have a higher priority than building preferences. Your roommate group will be added to a Wave where all students are eligible to participate at the same time. For example, if you have a Roommate group where participants are not in the same hall for Spring 2021, the entire group must wait until Wave 3 (the “different hall” process).
Return sign-up for off-campus students
- Gender Inclusive Housing: Students who wish to participate must select Yes to Gender Inclusive Housing on the application, fill out the questionnaire and list any preferred roommates. Roommates must be mutually requested. Please contact Wyatt Wagner at email@example.com for more information.
- Regardless of their application date, students will be placed by Assignments team staff members based on the information in their housing application. They will receive their housing assignment early April.
Highlights of available residence halls:
Rent for all the following halls includes robust WiFi, utilities, furnishings, 24-hour desk services and on-call staff, and access to opportunities that will increase your success.
- Canada Hall has apartment-style suites with a kitchenette and living room in each unit
- Great Basin 2nd & 3rd floor only are available and features single and double room options. This building is now home to several Identity based LLCs available to upper division students.
- Juniper Hall features all single-occupancy rooms.
- Manzanita Hall was built in 1896 and offers a unique historical perspective to living on campus
- Nye Hall is a traditional-style residence hall where the social environment deeply complements students’ academic success.
- Peavine Hall has both double-occupancy options with suites and stand-alone rooms.
- Sierra Hall offers several room options and layouts, including singles, doubles, and large doubles.