WRHC Stipend Funding Guidelines, 2016-2017 Academic Year
The Western Regional Honors Council invites proposals for disbursal of surplus conference proceeds to defray partial costs of participation in national or regional Honors Institutes and Seminars by Honors faculty, students, and staff of WRHC member institutions.
Please use the electronic form here to transmit to the WRHC President and Secretary/Treasurer such requests. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, but be aware it can take up to two months to process the stipend if granted. You will receive an electronic confirmation of your submission immediately, and will be informed of the results of your application no more than a month after submission.
All funding proposals require approval at a regular business meeting or via the WRHC President's Council before funds are disbursed. No approval of funds in any given year or cycle to a member institution’s staff or students implies a guarantee of any future disbursement of funds for the same or other activities.
For any questions or clarifications please contact either the current WRHC President at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Secretary/Treasurer at email@example.com.
For 2016-2017, disbursal guidelines are as follows. Conference proceeds from WRHC 2017 will determine the level of funding available for events beyond June 2017.
· A maximum of $2500 total funds will be available for disbursal between April 2016 and June 2017.
· Up to $500 (faculty/staff) and $250 (student) stipends are available.
· Stipends may be granted for participation in NCHC or regional Honors Institutes, Seminars, or other NCHC-affiliated, credit-bearing academic programs.
· Stipends are not available to defray costs associated with attendance or presentations at academic conferences, including the annual NCHC or any regional conference.
· A WRHC member institution must be current in its dues for any proposal from its staff or students to be funded. The following criteria will assist in determining the eligibility and amount of funding for each valid proposal:
o Complete and accurate submission of requested information and documents;
o Overall cost of program, and amount being requested from WRHC;
o Amount (if any) of matching funds from member institution;
o Proof of confirmation of acceptance to seminar or institute;
o Number and amount of funded proposals from the same member institution over the past three years;
o Relevance of proposed seminar participation to professional development (faculty/staff) or educational plan (student) of stipend requester;
o Duration of member institution (or stipend requester) participation in the activities of the Western Regional Honors Council;
o Duration of stipend requester’s participation in the activities of the member institution he/she attends;
· Stipend recipients are required to present a brief report of the activities undertaken with the WRHC stipend (in person or in writing) at the business meeting immediately following the recipient’s seminar participation. If the recipient cannot attend the meeting personally, the Director, Dean, or another member of the recipient’s Honors institution will be requested to present this report on behalf of the recipient.