HON 200B is the Honors first-year seminar. It introduces students in the University Honors Program to the rewards and responsibilities associated with earning an undergraduate degree, with an emphasis on Honors education.
HON 200B allows Honors students to,
- Build a community of scholars;
- Attend and contribute to cultural events and academic presentations across campus;
- Articulate scholarly ideas through effective written and oral communication;
- Begin mentoring relationships with faculty;
- Experience the "Honors difference."
Course activities include,
- Impromptu writing and speaking;
- Faculty interview;
- Competitive fellowship presentations;
- Electronic portfolio and résumé;
- Exploring University structure and services.