Honors Program Application
Note: Please submit your University admissions application prior to applying to the Honors Program.
Come Be a Part of Something Exceptional
The University of Nevada, Reno Honors Program is seeking the best students in any undergraduate discipline on a selective basis. Although most students in the Program enter as first-year students, students who are already enrolled at the University or who are transferring to the University are warmly encouraged to apply to the Honors Program.
Applicants to the Honors Program will be ranked based upon their demonstration of three key characteristics:
Applications must be completed online and include the following:
- An updated résumé - Each applicant must supply a résumé detailing academic, co-curricular, and service activities.
- A 500-Word Essay - Each applicant must write an essay responding to one of the three prompts below:
1. What societal need resonates with you most strongly? If restrictions did not exist, what would you like to do to address this need?
2. Which element from the periodic table best describes you, and why?
3. Identify one example of music, art, or literature that best describes you and explain why.
- References - Two references from high school teachers, counselors, or other persons familiar with the student's academic abilities/character must be submitted separately. Current University of Nevada students and transfer students should request references from persons familiar with their work in college, not high school.
Referees should complete and submit the Admission Recommendation Form.
Review of Applications
Each application is reviewed by the Honors Admissions Committee. Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis with admissions decisions being released the third week of every month.
Once you have applied to the University, use the APPLY NOW! link to apply to the Honors Program.