Born and raised in Guam, Rob moved to the mainland US to pursue a an MA in sociology at the University of Nevada, Reno. In addition to being a full-time graduate student, Rob also works as a teaching assistant in the Sociology Department and has served in the U.S. Navy Reserves for the past five years as a combat medic. Participating in various humanitarian missions, Rob has administered free healthcare to impoverished communities throughout the United States. He has also worked as a lead youth counselor for the Salvation Army, helping at-risk youth stay off the streets.
Rob’s goal is to complete a PhD in sociology and eventually move back to Guam to put what he’s learned into practice.
- A.A. in Liberal Arts, Solano Community College, 2016
- A.A. in Sociology, Solano Community College, 2016
- B.A. in Sociology, University of Nevada, Reno, 2018
- B.A. in Political Science, University of Reno, 2018
- M.A. in Sociology, University of Nevada Reno 2018-Present