Lindau Meeting Nomination
Instructions for Nominating a Graduate Student to attend the 67th Lindau Meeting with Nobel Laureates
Nominations for the 2017 Lindau meeting have closed. You may submit nominations for the 2018 meeting starting the week of September 25, 2017. Selected nominees will be determined by Friday, October 13, 2017.
The nomination of a graduate student for attending a 67th Lindau meeting must be made by the student's research advisor. The nomination consists of four components:
- Completed Lindau nomination form (download here)
- Personal resume of student
- One page statement by the student on why meeting participation is important for student's graduate education
- Strong letter of reference by the research advisor with completed questionnaire (last page of nomination form, see #1. above)
Note that the nomination form includes components that must be completed by the graduate student (Section A and B) and the student's research advisor (Section C and the questionnaire) and the University nominating committee (Section D). The research advisor should NOT complete Section D.
You must upload the four components listed above to the formstack site here.
To be eligible, a student must:
- have completed by June 2017 at least 2 academic years of study towards an academic degree in the field of chemistry or related discipline.
- not be planning dissertation defense before December 31, 2017.
- be currently enrolled at a university as a full-time graduate student.
- be participating in a research project.