Labs and Research Interests
The Department of Geography houses several research facilities, including:
- Laboratory for Conservation Biogeography (Dr. Thomas Albright)
- Paleoclimate Reconstructions
- Paleoecology Lab (Dr. Scott Mensing)
- Geographic Information Systems
- Geospatial Lab (Dr. Jill Heaton)
- Two (2) instructional computer laboratories for cartography, computerized mapping, and GIS
- Educational Outreach
- Member of the Geographic Alliance in Nevada (GAIN).
In addition, the department also houses an extensive map collection, and equipment for field studies focusing on mountain environments, climatology and environmental reconstruction.