Member Education and Development
This award recognizes chapters that have established and implemented a comprehensive Member Education Programming that teaches, reflects, and demonstrates the principles and ideals that Greek organizations were founded upon, including academic excellence, community service, personal development, citizenship, and friendship.
- The chapter elects or appoints an officer whose main responsibilities include the planning and implementation of educational programming for chapter's members.
- Documentation: An official officer description AND/OR Officer goals and objectives.
- The chapter clearly communicates to members their specific duties and chapter expectations.
- Documentation: Evidence of communication to all members.
- The chapter has a specific calendar of events pertaining to all members, including new member activities, which is clearly communicated to all members.
- Documentation: Evidence of schedule of events AND/OR Evidence of communication to members
- The chapter incorporates its history and values in creative and effective ways for member education activities and events.
- Documentation: Summary of chapter's history and values AND/OR Evidence of their integration in new member education activities
- The chapter has an established and successful mentoring program.
- Documentation: Evidence of mentoring program (e.g. photos) AND/OR Big/Little Week Guide/Schedule AND/OR Photos.
- The chapter provides resources and programming to members to encourage and support their academic performance.
- Documentation: Evidence of scholarship resources and programming provided to all members.
- The chapter provides education about alcohol and drug use and sexual abuse.
- Documentation: Evidence of education (e.g. workshops, programming) AND/OR Evidence of attendance by new members.
- The chapter provides education to members on hazing awareness, prevention, and consequences.
- Documentation: Evidence of education or programming AND/OR Evidence of attendance by members.
- The chapter has improved an area of member programming or implemented new programming.
- Documentation: Evidence or summary of new or improved programming.