Phi Beta Sigma
Fraternity and Sorority Life Chapter
Phi Beta Sigma
History: We came to the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno in 2007 and with the help of Bro. Mayo Thompson we were chartered March 18th, 2010 by Brothers Anthony Dionisi, Sergio Villasenor, Reginald Greer, Lee Massey and Lawrence James. As a chapter we have started an annual event called Stroll For Tots. It is Reno's first and only stroll competition, where all of the money and toys we raise go to the local Reno Toys for Tots foundation. We also have members that hold multiple positions of leadership within our Greek and University communities. Today Phi Beta Sigma serves over 200,000 members and 700 chapters in the US, African, Europe, Asia and the Caribbean. Phi Beta Sigma is a historically African American Fraternity but our membership consists of diverse college educated men of African, Caucasian, Hispanic, Native American and Asian descent. We work hard, in hopes of raising the standards and to help promote the name of Sigma in Reno, Nevada, the western region and the world.
- Founded: January 9, 1914 at Howard University, Washington D.C.
- Chartered at Nevada: March 18, 2010
- Founding Principles: Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service
- Chapter Strengths: True Brotherhood, Scholarship, Campus and Community Involvement, Community Relationships
- Chapter Focus: "Culture for Service, and Service for Humanity"
- New Member Dues: $755
- Active Member Dues: $140/Semester
- Scholarships available: Yes, Regional and National Scholarships Available