Missing Documents

If your financial aid file is not complete, check below to see what action is required. Complete only the actions that correspond to the abbreviated name listed on your missing document letter. If you are required to submit additional forms or documents (e.g. tax return), submit only copies; keep your originals. Make sure your name and NSHE id is on all documents submitted.  It normally takes staff 3 to 5 business days to post the receipt of documents.

If you have been selected for Verification and/or the Quality Assurance Program, and after reviewing your submitted documents your FAFSA requires corrections, you will receive a new Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor. If your aid is revised you will be notified by an e-mail to view the new Offer Letter on MyNEVADA.

MyNEVADAAction Required
Question 23 left blank Question 23 on your FAFSA was left blank. Check your Student Aid Report, answer question 23, and submit corrections.
Proof of Active Military status Provide documentation showing your status as U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard or Reserves enlistee who is on active duty for other than state or training purposes.
Citizenship Verification Provide your ORIGINAL U.S. Birth Certificate, Alien Registration Card, Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization, or I-94 Departure Record. Financial Aid staff will make a copy after verifying validity.

If You Claim Citizenship Through Naturalization Of Parent(s): Submit the Certificate(s) of Naturalization of your parent(s) and your U.S. passport.
In Default/Owes Refund Provide a letter from the lender/servicer affirming your loan is no longer in default.
Dependent Corrections Required Provide parental information on the FAFSA and submit corrections.
Dependent Verification Worksheet Dependent Verification Worksheet must be completed.
Proof Of Emancipation Provide Emancipation court legal documentation.
Risk Of Homelessness Provide documentation from a director of a runaway or homeless youth basic center or transitional living program.
Unaccomp Youth By HUD Provide documentation from a director of an emergency shelter or transitional housing program funded by HUD.
Unaccomp Youth By School Dist Provide documentation from your high school or school district homeless liaison.
Income And Expense Income And Expense must be completed.
Independent Student Worksheet Independent Verification Worksheet must be completed.
Inelig. Based on Question 23 You are not eligible for financial aid based on your response to question 23. Check your Student Aid Report and submit corrections if applicable.
Proof Of Legal Guardianship Provide court documentation that you are in Legal Guardianship.
Proof of Legal Dependents Provide a copy of your child's birth certificate.
Proof of current living status If living off campus, provide a copy of current rental agreement/lease. If living with parent or relative, submit the Reporting Resources and Changes form (Online Form) to change living arrangements to "with parent".
Copy of Bankruptcy Papers Provide a copy of your bankruptcy papers.
Other Miscellaneous; Contact our office for details.
Other Dependents Provide documents, such as a tax return, to verify dependents listed on your FAFSA receive more than 50 percent of their support from you.
Selective Service Registration Please go to sss.gov - and register online
Copy of Social Security Card Provide a copy of your signed Social Security Card.
Special Circ. Reported By Std Appeal for Independent Status must be completed.
Proof of Qualified Vet Status Provide a copy of your DD214 Member 4 documentation.
FA Verification in Progress We have received your documents and verification is in progress. No student action required. If changes are made to your Offer Letter after verification is complete, you will be notified by e-mail and the revised Offer Letter will be posted to MyNEVADA.
Proof of Ward of the Court Provide Ward of the Court legal documentation.