Bylaws of the Department of Agriculture, Nutrition, and Veterinary Sciences
University of Nevada, Reno
- Approved by the Department Faculty on May 5, 2017
- Approved by the Dean of the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology, and Natural Resources on November 27, 2017.
Table of Contents
- Mission Statement
- Part I: Introduction
- Part II: Organization and Administrative Structure
- Part III: Professional Responsibilities, Evaluations, and Personnel Recommendations
- Part IV: Search Procedures
The Mission of the Department of Agriculture, Nutrition and Veterinary Sciences (ANVS) is to demonstrate a commitment to excellence and innovation while meeting the needs of the citizens of the State of Nevada and the Nation. This mission is accomplished by the following:
- Provide strong educational programs in the disciplines of Agriculture, Nutrition, Rangeland Ecology and Management and Veterinary Sciences at the undergraduate, graduate degree and internship levels.
- Train students to meet state and national needs by increasing the work force of agriculturalists, nutritionists (nutritional science/dietetics) and animal healthcare professionals.
- Conduct innovative research in the departmental disciplines providing local, national and global impact.
- Address critical issues identified by the citizens of the State of Nevada through continued teaching, scholarly activities and service.