LawRoom Online Training
All University employees are required to attend Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Prevention Training.
Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 284.496 (1)(2)(3) states:
" 1. Within 6 months after an employee is initially appointed to state service, the employee shall attend a certified class concerning the prevention of sexual harassment.
2. At least once every 2 years after his or her initial appointment to state service, an employee shall attend a certified refresher class or training concerning the prevention of sexual harassment.
3.. An appointing authority may require an employee to retake any part or all of the classes or training required by subsections 1 and 2, or to participate in any additional classes or training deemed necessary by the appointing authority."
Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Online Training through LawRoom
Every employee will receive an invitation to complete sexual harassment and discrimination training through LawRoom. Employees will receive their initial invitation within the first 6 months of their employment and again every two years to fulfill NAC Code 284.496. Below are some tips for completing the training successfully and sample copies of the emails and certificate employees will receive from LawRoom.
Log into LawRoom Without Email Link
- Go to www.lawroom.com
- Click "Login" in top right corner of webpage
- Click "Forgot Login ID/PWD?" link
- Enter your email address - this must be the email address you have listed in your employee/student record
- Clilck the "Submit" button
If you have been uploaded to the LawRoom system with the email address you entered, you will receive an email from LawRoom containing your login ID and a link to reset your password. You may then go back and repeat steps one and two above, entering your login ID and new password to log into LawRoom and access any currently enrolled courses. You may also login and print or save your certificates from any previously completely LawRoom courses.
LawRoom Training Tips
**If none of the below tips work, you may contact LawRoom/EverFi Help Support by going to https://support.lawroom.com/
1. At the policy acknowledgement page, you must enter your name EXACTLY as it appears above the box, including capital and lowercase letters. If you type it differently the program will not allow you to continue.
2. The policy will open before you can type your name and continue with the training. Once you have reviewed the policy you will need to press the black X mark in the top right corner of the LawRoom training screen. You do not sign your name on the policy that opens.
3. The course link in the invitation email will expire after 2 weeks. After 2 weeks you will need follow the instructions to "Login without the link" provided in the invitation email or wait for the next reminder email from LawRoom.
4. The training will not work properly on mobile devices, or in Internet Explorer or Edge. You must access the training through the latest version of Firefox or Chrome. If you need help installing these browsers, please contact the Help Desk at 682-5000.
5. If you experience any issues with logging in or completing the training, please log out of LawRoom, close the tab or window, and then clear your cookies - web browsers cannot clear cookies from websites that are still open in other tabs or windows. You may then log into the training again to complete the course. Please see below for instructions on how to clear your cookies.
6. If you log into the training and see only a blank screen or a green checkmark with "Success" printed underneath it, please wait 24 hours and try again. The LawRoom servers routinely have issues with the traffic generated from our employees and shut down.
7. School of Medicine Employees: You will not be able to complete the course using a virtual machine (ex: PowerDesk). You must log into and complete the course using your physical machine.
8. LawRoom will send out automatic reminder emails to employees who have not completed the training. If you receive a reminder email it means you have not completed the training.
9. You will receive a certificate of completion and a course completion email when you have successfully completed the training. You do not need to send either to our office, however we recommend that you keep both for your records.
How to clear cookies in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox support article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored#w_delete-all-cookies
- Click the menu button, choose History, and then Clear Recent History....
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click Clear Now to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.
How to clear cookies in Google Chrome
Google Support article: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en
- Open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click the Chrome menu.
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data.
- In the box that appears, click the checkboxes for "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" and "Cached images and files."
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose beginning of time to delete everything.
- Click Clear browsing data.
Samples of the LawRoom Certificate of Completion
- Employees be able to save and/or print a certificate of completion that looks like this: