Sarah Hulse, who publishes as S. M. Hulse, is the author of the novel Black River (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2015). Black River was named a PEN/Hemingway finalist and an American Library Association notable book, among other honors.
Hulse's short fiction has appeared in Willow Springs, Witness, Salamander, and elsewhere. She earned her MFA from the University of Oregon and was a James C. McCreight Fiction Fellow at the University of Wisconsin's Institute for Creative Writing.
- Creative writing (fiction)
- Literature of the American West
- Black River (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2015).
- MFA, Creative Writing (Fiction), University of Oregon, 2012
- B.A., English, University of Montana, 2006