Information for Undergraduates

Students can major in one of four areas of specialization leading to the bachelor's degree in English:

We offer five areas of minor specialization for students majoring in other fields:

  • Literature
  • Writing
  • Language and Linguistics
  • Cinema and Media Studies
  • Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)

Major and minor declaration forms can be found on the Academic Central forms page.

How to make English work for you: getting the most out of the English major and minor. Click here for more information.

If you're ready to declare English as your major or minor, or just have more questions, make an appointment to talk with one of the English Department's academic advisors. Just click on the link in the right-hand sidebar for more information about advising.