Explorers in Engineering After-School Program
Are you an after-school program coordinator or teacher looking for a community resource to keep students engaged in math and science? Explorers in Engineering has what you need! We aim to help Nevada students stay focused on math and science, learn about the wide range of career possibilities engineering offers and see how engineers can change the world.
Our program features fun and exciting engineering lessons from University students. We offer an immersive, hands-on curriculum in which students can participate in activities in small-group settings. Our comprehensive approach to engineering and the design process takes kids from asking questions to creating their own models.
- "Introduction to Engineering" presentation: University engineering students talk about what it’s like to be an engineering student and discuss the different engineering disciplines.
- High-quality instruction: Content is developed by University of Nevada, Reno engineering students.
- Hands-on activity: Participants get the opportunity to be engineers and conduct an engineering experiment.
- Math and science support: Participants will have the opportunity to ask for math and science help from University students.
- Social interaction: Participants will engage in discussions and icebreaker activities.
Lessons will be available Sept. 12 to Dec. 13. Please contact Samantha Bickert to be added to the contact list.
Lesson reservations will be available Wednesday, Sept. 7.
Our lessons are being updated. Check back for lesson descriptions.
For inquiries about the program, please contact Samantha Bickert at email@example.com.