Explorers in Engineering After-School Program
The College of Engineering is now offering the most fun and interactive LIVE, online after-school programming for kid's 3rd-5th grade! Our engineering sessions are designed to give kids the knowledge, skills, and confidence to thrive in the math and science fields. Hang out with University of Nevada, Reno Engineering students and participate in exciting activities done from your own home! Following the activities, students will be provided with an opportunity to receive math and science support.
Our program features fun and exciting engineering lessons from UNR students and small group mentoring. We offer an immersive hands-on curriculum where kids can participate in activities individually or in a small group setting. Our comprehensive approach to engineering and the design process takes kids from asking questions to creating their own models.
Are you an after-school program coordinator, work from home or home school parent, or teacher who is looking for a community resource to keep your students engaged in math and science? Explorers in Engineering has what you need! We aim to help Nevada students stay focused on math and science, learn about the wide range of career possibilities engineering offers, and see how engineers can change the world. Sign up today!
The program will run Wednesdays from 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Registration will be available Wednesday, January 20th.
- February 3rd - Save the Truckee River (Chemical Engineering)
- February 10th - Aliens Steal the Sun (Environmental Engineering)
- February 17th - Mining for Treasure (Environmental Engineering)
- February 24th - Programming SpongeBob (Computer Science Engineering)
- March 3rd - Bioengineering a Fish (Biomedical Engineering)
- March 10th - Solar S'Mores (Mechanical Engineering)