Fee-waiver program for highly qualified Ph.D. applicants
The College of Engineering is currently offering to pay the Graduate School application fee for qualified applicants. There is a limited amount of funding for application fees and requests will be processed in the order they are received.
Domestic applicants to College of Engineering Ph.D. programs:
- Quantitative GRE score ≥ 165
International applicants to College of Engineering Ph.D. programs:
- Quantitative GRE score ≥ 165, and
- TOEFL ibt score ≥ 102, TOEFL pbt score ≥ 609, or IELTS score ≥ 7.5
Score reports will be evaluated to confirm eligibility. Score criteria is strict; if your test scores do not satisfy the requirements above, you will not qualify for the fee waiver.
How to Apply
Begin your application with the Graduate School
- Complete all sections up to and including clicking "Save" on the Applicant Certification Page. You will need to leave your application incomplete for now.
- At this point you will be asked for payment. Do not pay the application fee. If you pay the Graduate School application fee and are then granted the fee waiver, refunds cannot be issued.
Instead of submitting payment to the Graduate School at this time, send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Your full name as listed on the application (Last name, First name, Middle name)
- Program to which you are applying (e.g., Mechanical Engineering PhD)
- Domestic or International Applicant
- Scores for relevant tests:
- GRE Q: XXX
- TOEFL ibt: XXX (if applicable)
- TOEFL pbt: XXX (if applicable)
- IELTS: X.X (if applicable)
- Attach electronic copies of your score reports from GRE and TOEFL/IELTS tests
What Happens Next?
You will receive an automatic reply acknowledging receipt of your fee waiver request and informing you if funding is available.
If funding has run out, no more Graduate School application fees will be paid for this admissions cycle. You will need to pay the Graduate School application fee and submit your application to the Graduate School yourself.
If funding is available, you will receive an email approving or denying your application fee waiver request within two weeks.
- If your fee waiver request is approved, there is no further action required on your part. Your Graduate School application will be completed automatically and you will receive an email from the Graduate School confirming that your application has been successfully submitted. It can take up to two weeks to complete this process.
- If your fee waiver request is denied, your application fee has not been paid. In order for your Graduate School application to be successfully submitted for consideration, you will need to pay the fee and submit the application yourself.