I want to welcome you to the College of Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno and thank you for visiting our website.
Advancing the practice of engineering and creating more engineers are critical national priorities. Engineers contribute to technological advances, improve our quality of life and establish a solid foundation for the long-term vitality of the economy.
The College of Engineering is taking advantage of the unique opportunities of engineering education by adopting a vision to achieve measurable national recognition as one of the best engineering and computer science education institutions in its class.
We are pursuing this vision with the understanding that we have to promote transformative and entrepreneurial change to meet new, global challenges, and we have to take advantage of new opportunities under the framework of uncompromised excellence, including principles of the highest work ethic, inclusiveness, collaboration and collegiality.
We are focused on developing state-of-the-art educational programs that offer our students a globally competitive engineering and computer science education and prepare them to become leaders in their fields. We are working to grow enrollment and attract well-prepared students, and we are putting particular emphasis on increasing the numbers of top-quality doctoral students.
We are working to increase our nationally and internationally recognized research programs by developing carefully designed, realistic and focused research efforts and by pursuing interdisciplinary and multi-institutional research.
At the same time, we are focusing on the establishment of new partnerships with local, regional and national industries that will provide our students internship and career opportunities and will help our partners meet their professional goals and growth targets.
Finally, we are engaging in high-quality outreach programs that serve the needs of the state and the nation by capitalizing on our educational and research strengths.
I would like to invite you to browse our web pages and learn about the many exciting opportunities available within the College of Engineering.
- Meet our outstanding faculty, many of whom enjoy international reputations in their fields and hold positions of international influence in committees and editorial boards, and get to know our dedicated staff, who are here to provide the highest quality service.
- Review our globally competitive educational programs and our world-class research projects.
- Take a tour of our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that are used for research and globally competitive instruction.
- Become familiar with the many services available to our students and industrial partners, including advising and recruitment as well as recently established internship and career support services.
- And, finally, explore our international, national and regional outreach activities, including our expanding K-12 programs aimed at educating youth about the many opportunities that engineering offers.
As we strive to constantly improve and pursue excellence, your comments and input are always welcome. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you again for your interest in our college.
Dean, College of Engineering