Proposal Submission Timeline for PIs
Send initial 'Notification of Intent to Submit'
(15 business days prior)
- Reply to email@example.com with the following information:
- Sponsor Name
- Deadline Date (or preferred submission date, if different)
- Link to soliciation or RFP
- List any collaborative institutions and role (lead or non-lead)
- If you wish for the Coordinator to create an InfoEd file on your behalf, please include this additional information:
- Project Title
- Project Start and End Dates
- List an Co-PIs on the project
- List any 'key' senior personnel on the project
- List any subcontractors and/or consultants on the project
Send contact information of subcontractors (if applicable)
(12 business days prior)
- Forward email to the Coordinator with the following information:
- Organization/Institution name and full mailing address
- Organization/Institution PI contact name, address, phone and email
- Institutional Sponsored Projects contact (if applicable) - Name and email
Send draft budget and justification for review and finalization
(10 business days prior)
- Send attachments of draft SP-22 budget form and justification narrative to the Coordinator
- Upon review, the Coordinaotr will finalize both documents and submit any revisions to the PI for review and use
Complete InfoEd file and 'Submit for Final Review'
(7 business days prior)
- For non-Grants.gov submissions, complete your InfoEd file by uploading the following documents:
- Final SP-22 budget form
- Final budget justification narrative
- Draft of Scope of Work, Summary or Project Description
- Final subcontractor documents (if applicable)
- Final cost share form (if applicable)
- For Grants.gov System-to-System submissions via InfoEd, complete your InfoEd file by uploading and finalizing all required fields on the InfoEd tabs. Note: some fields may required the upload of a 'draft' or 'blank' document in order to be able to complete the InfoEd tab.
Upload all other final documents required for submission
(5 business days prior)
- Upload all required documents to the system being used for proposal submission (i.e., Fastlane, ASSIST, NSPIRES, etc.). These documents may include, but are not limited, to the following: biosketches, references cited, data management plan, postdoctoral mentoring plan, collaborators & other affiliations, current & pending projects, and others.
- If required by the submission system (i.e., Fastlane), please grant access for Sponsored Projects to review, edit and/or submit.
Upload final summary and/or project description to submission site
(1 business day prior)
- Please upload final summary and/or project description documents to the submission site.
Submission of proposal
- No review of the proposal will be conducted on the submission deadline date
- Sponsored Projects will confirm with the PI prior to the submission of any proposal
- Confirmation of the submission will be sent (if submitted by Sponsored Projects)